Thursday, September 9, 2010

Grytz has opened a store! Check it out...


I've used Grytz for commission pieces several times over the past couple/three years (Man time flies?). He's always been punctual, honest and turned out awesome pieces...so when he gave me an email stating he was opening his own store...well I had to share it on here. The guy is a class act and will churn out some awesome stuff. Man it's a good time to be a 40k gamer with all the indie shops opening. I really hope to see him succeed as not only is he talented but he's honest...which believe me from failed experiences...is rare combination to find in the online conversion world....

http://hitechminiatures.com/#


I won't go into details about his plans for this coming Christmas...but safe to say if you're a 40k fan/historian......you're going to be happy. You can check out his stuff on CMON under GrytzMinis.

2 comments:

Muskie said...

We'll see GW has gone after several of these stores for making primarchs or things that look too much like Great Unclean Ones, which was the problem the Ultraforge sculpter had.

Maybe if he sticks to 54mm and away from the plastic spacemarine cash cow, but I think Chapterhouse in particular is skirting a dangerous line with some of their products. More and more people seem to be making spacemarine or imperial guard compatiable bits though. Those and bases are the most common but boutique character sculpts like Avatars of War, they are sculpted to fit right into Warhammer Fantasy Battle, he even used to sculpt for GW I believe...

AgeOfEgos said...

Hey Muskie,

He's going to be primarily 28mm and I agree about ChapterHouse pushing the limits. When I first saw them open up, I had told Mike I hoped they wouldn't get slapped down...but I bet they would. I'm still eating those words and man did that guy open the flood gates or what? I really consider him the breakthrough for the other companies boldness...and he's still going strong.

Felix, the Avatars of War guy, sculpted the Slayers and other various GW Fantasy miniatures before opening his own. That seems to be a much more open IP market though...given Tolkien is probably the only guy that could raise a beef.

Regardless, if you are a converter and play 40k...it's a pretty good time to be buying stuff! :)